John Sepúlveda joined the firm in 2017. Mr. Sepúlveda is experienced in a wide range of technologies, including: semi-conductors, analog, RF, digital electrical arts, data analytics, self-driving vehicles, web-enabled technologies, IOT, computer hardware and software, Artificial Intelligence/machine learning, medical devices and data-enabled therapeutics, and fiber optics. He conducts validity studies and clearance searches in addition to drafting patent applications and preparing responses to Office Actions.
Mr. Sepúlveda’s passion for electrical design led him to pursue and obtain his electrical engineering degree at State University of New York at Farmingdale. With over 20 years of experience, he has worked as an electrical engineer designing microwave circuits and communications equipment for both commercial applications and the defense industry for companies such as MITEQ, Frequency Electronics, Aeroflex, and L3. Excited by the prospect of protecting technical innovations, Mr. Sepúlveda earned his J.D. from the Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center at Touro College.
- J.D., Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center at Touro College Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Research Editor of the Touro Law Review, First Place 2016 NYSBA/AAA Arbitration Competition
- M.B.A. in General Management, Dowling College
- Advanced Graduate Certificate in Information Systems, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- B.S. Electrical Engineering Technology, State University of New York at Farmingdale
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA)
- Long Island Hispanic Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- State of New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Courts: Eastern District of New York
- United States District Courts: Southern District of New York
- Sepulveda, John (2019) “The Post-Alice Jurisprudence Pendulum and its Effects on Patent Eligible Subject Matter,” Touro Law Review: Vol. 35 : No. 2. https://digitalcommons.tourolaw.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2976&context=lawreview
- Sepulveda, John (2018) “Dueling Claim Construction Standards at the PTAB and District Courts,” Touro Law Review Blog, August 1, 2018. https://tourolawreviewblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/01/dueling-claim-construction-standards-at-the-ptab-and-district-courts/
- Sepulveda, John (2017) “Computer Systems Fraud – Computer Systems Fraud in the Era of Big Data and EHRs,” Touro Law Review: Vol. 33 : No. 2 , Article 11. Available at: http://digitalcommons.tourolaw.edu/lawreview/vol33/iss2/11