Jessica Caso joined the firm in 2021. Ms. Caso is a Registered Patent Agent and is admitted to practice before the United States Patent & Trademark Office. She is experienced in patent preparation and prosecution, including drafting of provisional, utility, and design applications. Additionally, she conducts patentability investigations and assists in freedom-to-operate and landscape studies for clients.
Ms. Caso is skilled in a wide range of technologies, including: computer hardware and software, Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, complex financial systems, data analytics, business methods, web-enabled technologies, Internet of Things (IOT), data-enabled therapeutics, aerospace, medical devices, and other computer, electrical, and mechanical technologies.
Ms. Caso followed her passion for science and technology by attending the State University of New York at Binghamton, where she earned a B.S. in computer science and a B.A. in graphic design. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Caso worked in the field of financial technology as a software developer and project manager, where she programmed and distributed trading software on a global scale. After identifying her opportunities in the field of patent law, Ms. Caso attended St. John’s University School of Law where she earned her J.D. Ms. Caso’s broad range of experience enables her to address the intricate goals of clients across a wide array of technologies.
- St. John’s University School of Law, Candidate for J.D., 2023
- The State University of New York at Binghamton, Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, 2013
- The State University of New York at Binghamton, Bachelor of Arts, Graphic Design, 2013
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- “AI Inventorship: It’s Time to Cache In–The Latest Challenge to Patentability in the Modern Era,” New York International Law Review: Vol. 35, No. 2, Fall 2022.
- “’Video Killed the Radio Star’–and AI Brought It Back to Life: Addressing Challenges to the Right of Publicity in the 21st Century,” NYSBA Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law Journal: Vol. 34, No. 1, March 2023.