Sean Wilsusen has been with the firm since 2018. His practice focuses on patent preparation and prosecution in the fields of chemistry, biology and software. Mr. Wilsusen previously worked as a research scientist at Stony Brook University and The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research at North Shore University Hospital where he focused on pharmaceutical development and translational research. Mr. Wilsusen’s basic science research has focused primarily on neuronal regeneration and learning/memory retention in animal models. Mr. Wilsusen is admitted to practice in New York (2012) and is registered to practice before the USPTO.
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 2008-2011
- M.S., Biology, City University of New York-Queens College, 2006-2008
- B.S., Behavioral Neuroscience, magna cum laude, Quinnipiac University, 2001-2005
Mr. Wilsusen has experience in life sciences, including neuroscience, biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, cell biology, genetics, molecular biology, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. He is also experienced in software related technologies and computer science, as well as semiconductor technology.
- “A Well Evaluated Mechanism of Action Is Critical In Pinpointing Appropriate Candidates for Cystic Fibrosis Treatments: The Use of Sildenafil® in the Treatment of Cystic Fibrosis as a Case Study” (October, 2015, CFEDSC.org)
- “Should Cystic Fibrosis be Added to the Social Security Administration’s Compassionate Allowances List?” (July, 2015, CFEDSC.org)
- “The Concomitant Use of (1) Aminoglycoside Antibiotics (Gentamicin, Amikacin and Tobramycin) and (2) Kalydeco® (VX-770) in F508del/G542X Heterozygous Individuals with Cystic Fibrosis Will Increase Readthrough of the G542X Premature Stop Codon and Potentiate the Functional G542X Containing CFTR Protein at the Apical Cell Membrane” (January, 2015, CFEDSC.org)
- “Accessing Law: An Empirical Study Exploring the Influence of Legal Research Medium,” Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment & Technology Law, vol. 16, no. 4, June, 2014 (1st footnote, with Professors’ Stefan H. Krieger & Katrina Fischer Kuh)
- “A Tale of Election Day 2008: Teaching Storytelling Through Repeated Experiences,” The Journal of The Legal Writing Institute, vol. 116, June 2010. (1st footnote, with Professors’ Stefan H. Krieger & Serge A. Martinez)
- “Directional Bias in the Planaria (Degesia tigrina) Before and After Regeneration,” Sigma Xi Research Conference – Poster Presentation, May 2005
- “Directional Bias in the Planaria Dugesia tigrina,” Eastern College Science Conference– Poster Presentation, May 2004
- “Diminution of the UR in Human Trace and Delay Eyeblink Classical Conditioning,” Quinnipiac University Interdisciplinary Research Conference – Platform Presentation, September 2003
- “Conditioned Place Preference Conditioning With Elicited 55-KHZ Ultrasonic Vocalizations as the Reinforcer,” New England Psychological Association Conference – Poster Presentation, October 2002
- Cystic Fibrosis Educational Services Corp.
- Executive Director
- Cystic Fibrosis Educational Services Corp. (CFEDSC.org) is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. CFEDSC reviews, summarizes and presents emerging scientific and medical developments towards the treatment and cure of Cystic Fibrosis. CFEDSC also raises money for Cystic Fibrosis research.